There is a growing role for social enterprises in the future of Nova Scotia’s economy. Advancing the social enterprise sector is a priority because social enterprises create job opportunities and other economic benefits–particularly in rural communities– while improving those communities socially, environmentally, and culturally – (Ministerial Introduction)
The strategy is built around five pillars: Pillar six underpins them all.
- Increase enterprise capacity
- Enhance access to financing
- Expand market opportunities
- Promote and demonstrate the value of the sector
- Create an enabling policy environment
- Build a strong social enterprise network
The strategy references the Scottish Social Enterprise survey and the fact that ‘progress is most pronounced in remote rural and island communities’ Page 13.
Read more here.